We are pleased to present our GB Wholesale Market Summary for September.
Highlights from the report include:
- Average power prices in September climbed to £177/MWh, driven by the continued increase in gas and carbon prices, a 67% increase on August
- The UK-ETS traded at an average of £58/tCO2 in September, a £10/tCO2 increase relative to August
- Thermal generation increased by over 23%, while wind load factors fell by an average of 0.9 p.p. to 23%, relative to August
- Consequently, power sector emissions increased to 4.1 MtCO2e, a 21% increase relative to the month prior
- Low wind and an interconnector outage contributed to EPEX spot prices reaching almost £2,000/MWh
This is a limited, free version of subscriber content. Why not find out more about our GB Power subscription?