We are pleased to present our GB Wholesale Market Summary for October.
Highlights from the report include:
- The average power price in October was £164.4/MWh, a 7% decrease since September
- Despite higher average gas and carbon prices, power prices fell in October due to increased wind production which contributed 36% of the month’s domestic output, compared to just 19% in September
- The UK-ETS traded at an average of £61/tCO2 in October, a £3/tCO2 increase relative to September
- Average CCGT load factors decreased from 38% in September to 28% in October, and those for offshore wind doubled from 27% to 53%
- Consequently, domestic power sector emissions totalled 3.1 MtCO2e, a 23% decrease relative to September
This summary is free to view, and a limited version of the content our subscribers receive. You can find out more about our GB Power market service here.