We are pleased to present our GB Wholesale Market Summary for January.
Highlights from the report include:
- The average power price in January was £185.3 /MWh, an 18% decrease since December 2021
- The month-on-month decrease in power prices, was primarily driven by the 27% fall in gas prices, offsetting upward pressure from higher carbon prices and transmission demand
- The UK-ETS traded at an average of £77/tCO2 in January, a 3% increase relative to December
- Average CCGT load factors remained similar at 41% from December to January, as did those for offshore wind, at ~50%
- Consequently, domestic power sector emissions stayed similar, totalling 4.7 MtCO2e
This summary is free to view, and a limited version of the content our subscribers receive. You can find out more about our GB Power market service here.