We are pleased to present our GB Wholesale Market Summary for December.
Highlights from the report include:
- The average power price in December was £225.6/MWh, a 23% increase from November
- The month-on-month increase in power prices was mainly driven by the increase in commodity prices which rose by between 24-42% and an increase in production from thermal generation to meet a 6% rise in transmission demand
- The rise in thermal generation primarily came from CCGTs, with average load factors increasing from 30% in November to 33% in December
- Subsequently, domestic power sector emissions rose to 4.7 MtCO2e, a 10% increase relative to November
- The monthly average total GB carbon price increased by 17%, with UKAs trading at an average of £74/tCO2
This summary is free to view, and a limited version of the content our subscribers receive. You can find out more about our GB Power market service here.