We’re pleased to share with you our latest GB Wholesale Market Summary, for August 2021.
Key highlights include:
- Average power prices in August climbed to £106.20/MWh driven by the continued increase in gas and carbon prices, a 12% increase on July
- The UK-ETS traded at an average of £48/tCO2 in August, a £4/tCO2 increase relative to July
- Despite a significant drop in Solar generation since July, increases in wind and nuclear generation led to a drop in total thermal generation from 57% to 55% of the fuel mix for August
- Consequently, emissions reduced to 3.4 MtCO2e, a 15% decrease relative to the month prior
- Much higher wind speeds led to a 52% increase in onshore wind load factors relative to July
This is a limited, public version of subscriber content. Why not find out more about our GB Power subscription? And if you have questions, please get in touch.