Key takeaways from the report include the following:
- Our ‘WECC Power & Renewable Outlook’ service provides:
- An overview of key market trends and the policy environment
- The long-term outlook for the Mid-Columbia and Palo Verde bilateral trading hub prices across 3 scenarios
- Consolidated IRP plans and procurement targets across the 37 non-ISO balancing authorities in the WECC
- Ongoing regionalization initiatives
- Deep dives in the form of balancing authority case studies
- The analysis identifies and evaluates the key drivers of resource procurement through the WECC, providing detailed insights on thermal retirements, transmission infrastructure, load growth, and policy/utility targets.
- We find that PacifiCorp resource procurement plans closely align with new transmission infrastructure associated with the Energy Gateway Transmission Expansion Program.
If you have any questions regarding our WECC Power & Renewables Market Subscription Service or are interested in the full report, please get in touch with Cat Clark.
If you are looking for more information about our new coverage in North America, click here