Based on our market knowledge, forecasts and data, we regularly support new entrants in the markets in which we are active. This includes market sizing exercises, developing or supporting market entry strategies, or identifying assets to purchase or potential partners. In this way, we have supported technology start-ups, service providers, industrial companies as well as financial investors in succeeding in new markets.
The deregulation of energy markets in many countries has created opportunities for innovative companies to roll out business models across borders. These include business models, such as the aggregation of distributed flexibilities, as well as technologies, such as novel storage solutions.
Despite increasing regulatory alignment across Europe, every energy market is different, starting with regulatory frameworks via competitive dynamics to market structures and tightness. Language barriers remain.
For each of our focus markets, we have teams of internal experts fluent in the respective language and well-versed in the relevant regulation. Drawing on this expertise, our forecasts as well as our extensive networks, we support new market entrants in understanding regulation and markets, in adapting business models and in identifying the right partners.
- quantified the global addressable market for a start-up developing an innovative high temperature heat storage solution
- provided market entry support in Germany and Poland for an international biomass producer
- supported an EPC contractor in entering the Polish, German, British and Australian markets
- helped a private equity fund focused on batteries and flexible assets evaluate regulation and opportunities in the German market
- analysed the size of the current and potential future opportunity in Great Britain for a start-up aiming to provide an independent flexibility market platform to match providers with demand
Speak to our experts
To enquire about our Advisory and Bespoke Analytics service, please register your details and our team will get back to you shortly.