Crucial intelligence to understand the changing dynamics of the Iberian energy market
Iberia’s power sector is radically transforming, with a steep increase in renewables and the exit of coal and nuclear in the coming decade. This changing paradigm has led to a growing awareness of the need for storage technologies—such as batteries and pumped storage—to maintain security of supply and mitigate price cannibalisation for renewable assets. In a region so rich in natural resources, the potential of low-cost hydrogen production is also leading to innovative business models and drawing global investment. Keep up to date with all the crucial developments in this active market with our services.
What you need to know about the market
- Rising commodity prices and declining costs of sustainable technologies, combined with a favourable policy landscape, will lead to the deployment of new renewable projects, creating opportunities in co-location, hydrogen, and the careful structuring of portfolios and PPAs oriented toward reducing risk exposures.
- Opening of new markets for storage benefiting from new revenue streams and subsidies, both for stand-alone and co-located storage systems.
- Growing grid constraints pose a challenge to renewable buildout, and the risk of curtailment will need to be evaluated as part of the investment decision process.
Which products are available?
Power & Renewables Service
Robust, transparent analysis, widely used and trusted amongst major market participants and bankable forecasts to support asset financing and in-depth analysis to underpin your investment strategies
Flexible Energy Service
Detailed analysis and granular forecasts for power, balancing, and ancillary service markets plus access to investment case data for a wide range of battery storage and gas peaker business models
Crucial analysis into market sizing and drivers, dedicated insights following policy developments and project activities across power, heat, transport, and industry
Amun – Wind Valuation Software
Bankable valuation software for wind assets with an optimised site design and technology to maximise revenue in just a few clicks
Origin – Power Market Model Software
The most sophisticated market modelling software at your fingertips where you can generate your own market scenarios using our in-house power market model
Meet the team
Find out more!
Complete the form and our team will get back to you shortly.
How does a subscription work?
Subscribe to our products for comprehensive market analytics powered by our fundamental market model: Gain access to credible, reliable, and bankable forecasts.
Find everything in one place, EOS: The energy market hub hosting all your products and data.
Benefit from regular workshops, analyst support, and webinars examining our latest forecasts, key policy changes, and opportunities in the markets.
The Brazilian Power & Renewables Service is now available!
Our service includes:
- Market forecasts
- Regular policy notes
- Bilateral workshops
- Unparalleled strategic insights
- Interaction with our market experts
- Data easily downloadable to Excel
For more information on our Brazilian Power & Renewables Service, get in touch with Priscila Vellano.
Click the button below to learn more: