Based in Austin, you will be a senior member of the US analytical team at Aurora, helping to deliver our research and advisory services for clients. You will manage junior colleagues in developing insights to help clients make better choices. You will support all aspects of client engagement: helping identify issues, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, synthesizing conclusions into recommendations and presenting to senior clients. You will develop data-based strategic insights into the energy transition for both public and private sector clients.
You will be considered for this position in both the Commissioned Projects team (our advisory arm) and the Research team. Should you prefer either team, please state your preference in your cover letter.
Successful candidates will work in a dynamic, stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. You will apply your interpersonal skills to build connected, co-operative project teams. You will be given responsibility to chart the path of your teams through projects, and opportunities to substantially influence the thinking of organizations across the energy sector. Over time, you will be able to grow into industry experts under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s top advisory firms.
The position suits an experienced analyst or associate from a top-tier strategic or economic consultancy, energy company, financial services company, or knowledge-focused firm or institution. The successful candidate will combine technical ability with a strong track record of leadership and dependable performance in team-oriented environments.
- At least 2 to 4 years of experience at a major consultancy, energy company, financial services company, or other knowledge-focused firm or institution
- Top US university degree
- Demonstrated success in taking responsibility for project and process management in team-oriented environments
- Proven ability to interpret and derive insight from complex quantitative data and information
- Ability to communicate clearly and co-operate effectively with both technically and non-technically minded people
- Self-starting, entrepreneurial mind-set, and desire to grow the business
- Previous experience of working on energy-related projects or policy – particularly in a US context
- Leadership, management or mentoring experience demonstrated by previous roles of professional responsibility or extracurricular activities
- Demonstrated success in working together with clients
- Competence in advanced data analytics (e.g. Python, R, Matlab, Advanced Excel)
- Strong academic record, such as a Master’s degree or PhD in a relevant discipline
What we offer
- A dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to grow with the company, take on further responsibilities and bring in your own ideas
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in the hip East Austin area with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 300 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.