Aurora’s Research department is seeking a results-oriented Analyst or Senior Analyst to join our energy analytics and client-facing services for the GB flexible energy sector, based in our Oxford office.
This position suits candidates with experience working in the energy or financial sectors, who possess some experience in power market analysis in GB, or another country. This position will offer a chance to engage with leading stakeholders in the GB market and help to drive forward Aurora’s best-in-class modelling.
The GB market is a European leader in the deployment of grid-scale battery storage, and Aurora is positioned as one of the most trusted providers of analytics for the burgeoning markets for batteries and other forms of flexibility. You will join one of Aurora’s most successful and high-performing teams, working on policy analysis and investment economics for one of the fastest-moving and most critical sectors of the GB energy market. Our client base includes leading British and international energy, financial and governmental organisations actively involved in the global energy transition.
Your role will benefit from tutoring by experienced team members in Oxford and allow you to grow into a market expert, delivering market-leading analysis to top clients, and contributing learnings to Aurora’s wider global research team.
- Contribute analysis and research to develop Aurora’s view on flexible energy assets.
- Analyse and understand policy outcomes relevant to flexible energy in GB.
- Work with Aurora’s best-in-class modelling to develop our views on the future of the GB energy system.
- Communicate findings to a wide range of clients, in-person and online.
- Contribute materials to Aurora’s reports, notes and client communications.
- We will consider candidates who have between 1 – 3 years of experience at a major consultancy, energy company, financial services company, or other knowledge-focused firm or institution.
- First class or high second-class university degree.
- Proven ability to organise and manage their own time.
- Proven ability to interpret and derive insight from complex quantitative data and information.
- Ability to communicate clearly and co-operate effectively with both technically and non-technically minded people.
- Self-starting, entrepreneurial mind-set, and desire to grow the business.
- Experience of the flexible energy market, in GB or another context.
- Experience working on financial markets or project finance.
- Demonstrated success in working together with clients.
- Competence in advanced data analytics (e.g. Python, R, Matlab, Advanced Excel).
What we offer
- A competitive salary package
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops, and webinars
- The opportunity to acquire industry and functional (analytical tools, data analyses, etc.) expertise
- An exciting variety of work streams and training opportunities
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills and regular coaching and mentoring sessions
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to be the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence to drive strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of experts with vast energy, financial, and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon, and fossil commodities.
We are active across the globe in the APAC, LATAM, EMEA, and NORAM regions, working with leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software. We are a thriving, rapidly growing company, currently serving over 600 of the world’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors, and governments, and we expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.