Aurora’s Research department is seeking a results-oriented Associate to join our energy analytics and client-facing services for the Asia energy sector, based in our Singapore office and supporting the Philippines and Taiwan. You will contribute to the firm by developing analysis and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision-making. You will play an active role in all aspects of client engagement: helping identify issues, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, and synthesising conclusions into recommendations.
Your role will be essential for fostering the development of your team members in Singapore and the wider APAC region, providing market-leading analysis to top clients, and contributing learnings to Aurora’s wider global Research team. You will be supported by market-leading modelling and software capabilities, and form a core part of a small, influential team of power market experts.
The successful applicants will combine technical strength with a strong track record of leadership and performance in team-oriented environments.
This position suits an experienced analyst or consultant from a top-tier strategic or economic consultancy, energy company, financial services company, or knowledge-driven firm or institution.
- Lead research reports, and consulting projects, from the idea to the presentation to clients and press, under the supervision of the senior leadership in the APAC team
- Keep abreast of developments in policy, markets, and technology, and then use this to develop and provide data-driven insights to clients on how hydrogen markets could develop
- Represent the firm at external events as an expert in this rapidly evolving market, and develop our thought leadership, analysis, and subscription product offering
- Play a critical role in product delivery and development, as well as client engagement –identifying client needs, and continuously enhancing the service we provide
- Develop analysis into the energy transition for both public and private sector clients; and present these insights in client meetings and presentations
- Work towards the development of fully integrated hydrogen analysis across the entire company. This means working with other teams and offices in Aurora as well as independently
- The Associate will report to the Head of Research and work within Aurora’s larger Research and Publications team
- We will consider candidates who have between 3 – 4 years of experience at a major consultancy, energy company, financial services company, or other knowledge-focused firm or institution
- First-class or high-second-class university degree
- Demonstrated success in taking responsibility for project and process management in team-oriented environments
- Proven ability to interpret and derive insight from complex quantitative data and information
- Ability to communicate clearly and co-operate effectively with both technically and non-technically minded people
- Self-starting, entrepreneurial mindset, and desire to grow the business
- A fast learner with Excel skills or competency or interest in common programming languages (e.g., python, MATLAB)
- Demonstrated success in client-facing positions
- Knowledge of key financial metrics and economic principles (NPV, IRR, DCF)
- Competence in advanced data analytics (e.g. Python, R, Matlab, Advanced Excel)
- Previous experience working on energy projects
- Relevant Master’s degree or PhD
- Proficiency in languages other than English
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector.
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars.
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert.
- A fun, informal and international work culture.
- A competitive salary package.
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills.
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to be the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence to drive strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of experts with vast energy, financial, and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon, and fossil commodities.
We are active across the globe in the APAC, LATAM, EMEA, and NORAM regions, working with leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software. We are a thriving, rapidly growing company, currently serving over 600 of the world’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors, and governments, and we expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.