Aurora’s Research department is seeking a results-oriented Associate to join our energy analytics and client-facing services for the GB energy sector, based in our Oxford office.
This position suits an experienced professional who possesses direct experience in power market analysis in GB, or another country. This position will play a critical role in all aspects of the delivery and development of our GB subscription analytics services, with a focus on policy analysis.
As the GB energy market enters a critical period, policy uncertainty is at an all-time high. You will engage with regulators, leading British and international energy and financial players and an extensive network of experts to help understand, challenge, and inform the next generation of policy outcomes.
Your role will be essential for fostering the development of your team members in Oxford, providing market-leading analysis to top clients, and contributing learnings to Aurora’s wider global research team. You will be supported by market-leading modelling and software capabilities, and form a core part of a small, influential team of power market experts.
- Follow and analyse policy outcomes across the GB energy sector
- Manage projects from inception through to delivery
- Help develop & oversee the formation of Aurora’s views on the future of the GB energy sector
- Communicate findings to a wide range of clients, in-person and online
- Contribute materials to Aurora’s reports, notes and client communications
- Work with Aurora’s best-in-class modelling to develop our views on the future of the GB energy system
- We will consider candidates who have between 2 – 4 years of experience at a major consultancy, energy company, financial services company, or other knowledge-focused firm or institution
- First-class or high second-class university degree
- Demonstrated success in taking responsibility for project and process management in team-oriented environments
- Proven ability to interpret and derive insight from complex quantitative data and information
- Ability to communicate clearly and co-operate effectively with both technically and non-technically minded people
- Self-starting, entrepreneurial mindset, and desire to grow the business
- Previous experience of working on energy-related projects or policy – particularly in a GB context
- Leadership, management or mentoring experience demonstrated by previous roles of professional responsibility or extracurricular activities
- Demonstrated success in working together with clients
- Competence in advanced data analytics (e.g. Python, R, Matlab, Advanced Excel)
What we offer
- A competitive salary package
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops, and webinars
- The opportunity to acquire industry and functional (analytical tools, data analyses, etc.) expertise
- An exciting variety of work streams and training opportunities
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills and regular coaching and mentoring sessions
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to be the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence to drive strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of experts with vast energy, financial, and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon, and fossil commodities.
We are active across the globe in the APAC, LATAM, EMEA, and NORAM regions, working with leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software. We are a thriving, rapidly growing company, currently serving over 600 of the world’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors, and governments, and we expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.