Joining our Berlin team, you will contribute to the firm by developing analysis and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision-making. You will play an active role in all aspects of client engagement: helping identify issues, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, and synthesizing conclusions into recommendations. In doing so, you will help to guide utilities, investors, and government through the fundamental transition of the Polish power market, facing a rapid move away from coal towards renewables.
The successful applicant will combine strong quantitative ability with a track record of performance in team-oriented environments. You will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, yet supportive environment. You will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector and to grow into an industry expert under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s leading advisory firms.
The position is suitable for a recent graduate of a master’s program or with up to 2 years of relevant work experience. The exact entry position will be dependent on experience and educational level.
- Develop timely and rigorous quantitative analyses to enhance clients’ decision-making
- Work closely with our modelling team, structuring economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model results
- Contribute to Aurora’s product development, by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities
- Engage with clients to thoroughly understand their requirements
- Communicate findings to clients, turning analysis into insight by creating compelling presentations
- A university master’s degree in either:
- a quantitative subject, coupled with a keen interest in policy developments
- a social science, environmental studies or a related field, coupled with an interest in quantitative analysis
- An ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex data and information
- An ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical parties
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments
- Proficiency (C1/C2 level) in English and Polish is essential
- Enthusiasm for energy markets: previous professional or academic exposure to energy-beneficial
- Proficiency (B2/C1) in other Central Eastern European languages, e.g. Czech, Slovak is a bonus
- Demonstrated success in project management (e.g. at university) preferred
- Strong interest in energy markets, previous professional or academic exposure to energy-beneficial
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Regular mentoring sessions
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
- Additional company pension contribution
- Company Benefits programme including public transport subsidies, bike leasing and more
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to be the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence to drive strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of experts with vast energy, financial, and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon, and fossil commodities.
We are active across the globe in the APAC, LATAM, EMEA, and NORAM regions, working with leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software. We are a thriving, rapidly growing company, currently serving over 600 of the world’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors, and governments, and we expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.