We are looking for a Working Student to join our growing global People and Culture (P&C) team. Working in our P&C Business Partner team in Berlin, you will be one of the main points of contact for all employees in Germany, supporting daily Human Resources operational and administrative tasks.
You will thrive on working at pace in a very busy and growing global P&C team. We are a close-knit, fun bunch and are hugely supportive of each other. Our main mantra is ‘one P&C; one team’, we strive to develop individual capability characterised by personal accountability and shared responsibility. Our other mantra, ‘better never stops’, underpins our determination to deliver P&C excellence in everything we do.
- Be one of the points of contact for all DE employees and new joiners, answering & responding to P&C queries about policies and procedures
- Providing administrative support to the P&C Advisor in Berlin for onboarding, offboarding, payroll, benefits, and employment law-related tasks (e.g., drafting employment contracts, coordinating background verification checks, organising onboarding training for new joiners)
- Working with the Talent Acquisition team to ensure P&C are aware of any visa requirements, referrals or relocation packages required for new starters
- Taking ownership of the HRIS system, updating, and maintaining employee records and being the first point of contact for any P&C system queries
- Maintaining and updating the P&C process maps and documentation
- Currently enrolled in a German university with at least 2 semesters left and available at least 3 days/week
- Great communication skills in English and German (at least C1)
- High-level organizational and administrative skills, with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- Flexible approach to work with a can-do and willingness-to-learn attitude, taking pride in delivering outstanding work
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage conflicting priorities whilst maintaining good attention to detail
- Excellent MS Office skills
- High level of confidentiality
- Proven experience working in administration, customer service or any HR-related roles
- Proven work experience managing complex meeting schedules across multiple time zones
What we offer
- Gain knowledge in the P&C department, especially in Employment Law, HR Administration and Business Partnering
- Possibility to work on your own P&C projects with support & guidance from your manager
- A fun and international work culture
- Access to regular mentoring sessions and the opportunity to learn from experienced professionals
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
- A 12-month contract with the possibility of extension
- For this role, we offer a salary of 15€/hour and hybrid work
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to be the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence to drive strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of experts with vast energy, financial, and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon, and fossil commodities.
We are active across the globe in the APAC, LATAM, EMEA, and NORAM regions, working with leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software. We are a thriving, rapidly growing company, currently serving over 600 of the world’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors, and governments, and we expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.