Aurora is currently seeking a Modern Workplace Engineer to join our growing Systems team. This role is key to our plans to expand both the team and the technology offerings to our growing user base.
This role will focus on the optimization of technology to elevate business efficiency and enhance the employee experience with the Microsoft stack at the core. This role involves the configuration and maintenance of our Microsoft technology ecosystem including advising on and implementing best practices. The Modern Workplace Engineer will sit within the Technology department reporting to the Solutions Architect in the Information Systems team.
In this role, you will play a pivotal part in configuring, maintaining, and expanding our Microsoft technology ecosystem, collaborating closely with both our internal IT team and the Head of Information Security to drive technological excellence across the organisation.
You should be able to work independently and with other team members, leading on technical decisions and implementations. The role is also business-facing, requiring interaction with stakeholders around the business to identify and distil requirements that should inform our technical strategy appropriately so excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills are a must.
We are looking for someone who has high attention to detail and can hit the ground running. This is a chance to have a significant impact on an organisation where individuals thrive on change and work within an innovative and growing SME.
- Microsoft Technology Expertise: Advise on and implement best practice across the Microsoft tech, including but not limited to Microsoft 365 suite, Windows, SharePoint, and Teams. Stay updated with the evolving Microsoft technology landscape and provide strategic insights on integrating new solutions.
- Efficiency and Employee Experience: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize Microsoft technology configuration in alignment with business goals. Enhance employee experience by ensuring seamless and efficient utilization of Microsoft tools to facilitate productivity and collaboration
- Technical Leadership: Lead by example, sharing your technical knowledge, mentoring junior team members, and contributing to the professional growth of the wider Technology team.
- Project Involvement: Participate in projects that enhance or extend the Microsoft technology landscape within the organization. Collaborate with stakeholders to gather requirements, design solutions, implement changes, and ensure successful project outcomes.
- System Ownership: Take ownership of specific systems and platforms within the Microsoft ecosystem. Leverage your deep technical expertise to troubleshoot issues, implement improvements, and maintain a high level of system availability in conjunction with the IT support function within the team.
- Expert Microsoft 365 administration and app support (inc. Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive)
- Azure AD, Intune and Microsoft Endpoint Manager experience
- Experience of managed endpoint configuration and deployment
- Experience creating knowledge articles, documenting processes, and best practice
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Flexible approach to work, positive, can-do attitude, and a team player
- Ability to work independently, to deadlines, managing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships at all levels
- Relevant Microsoft qualifications
- Experience with Dynamics 365 (Finance and Operations)
- Power Automate experience
- Logic Apps experience
- Microsoft DevOps experience/ pipeline deployment
- Power BI experience
What we offer
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary package
- Access to regular coaching and mentoring sessions and the opportunity to learn from experienced HR professionals
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to be the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence to drive strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of experts with vast energy, financial, and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon, and fossil commodities.
We are active across the globe in the APAC, LATAM, EMEA, and NORAM regions, working with leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software. We are a thriving, rapidly growing company, currently serving over 600 of the world’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors, and governments, and we expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.