We have an excellent opportunity for an IT Support Engineer (internally, the job title will be IT Technician) to maintain, support and enhance the IT offering of this highly successful energy analytics consultancy. To be successful in this role, you will need to provide high quality support to our users, ensure that our systems are properly administered and develop on existing infrastructure and processes. You will play a vital role in onboarding new starters and will be a friendly and approachable member of the IT team.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users internally and externally.
You should be able to work independently and be flexible to changing deadlines. Reliability and adaptability are vital for this dynamic role together with exceptional interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
We are looking for someone who has a high attention to detail and can hit the ground running. This is a chance to gain experience within an organisation where individuals thrive on change and to work within an innovative and growing SME.
- Provide excellent desk-side and remote user support, including end-user troubleshooting, laptop repair and application support
- Supporting new hires on full onboarding and offboarding processes, including hardware provisioning and ensuring they have access to the necessary internal tools
- Point of contact for our external IT suppliers and service providers
- Deploy and administer user software and systems including Microsoft 365, OneDrive/SharePoint/Teams, anti-virus software and video conferencing tools
- Manage, deploy and configure upgrades, software updates, and security patches
- Managing our technology inventory including ordering, purchasing, asset tracking and maintaining
- Monitor and maintain video conferencing equipment and network devices
- Work closely with the Berlin + UK IT team and Berlin Ops team to develop the Berlin office’s IT infrastructure and systems to support the continued growth of the company
- 2+ years of professional experience in an IT Support role
- Strong knowledge of Windows 10/11
- Experience with Office 365 and cloud-based enterprise software, hardware and networks
- Excellent understanding of IT processes and familiarity with standards and best practices
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner face to face, on the telephone and in writing
- Be a self-motivated individual and team player
- Excellent time management, administration and organisational skills
- Flexible approach to work, positive, can-do attitude and a willingness to proactively take on new tasks
- Ability to use initiative, work independently, to deadlines, and manage conflicting priorities
- A desire to progress within IT and develop technical skills
- Excellent communication skills in English; and German is a big plus
- Azure AD, Intune and Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Microsoft Teams administration and troubleshooting
- Experience with Sophos AV and VPN
- Microsoft / IT Support qualifications, understanding of the ITIL framework and awareness of GDPR
- Experience of using Ticketing Systems (Jira Service Desk)
- Experience creating knowledgebase articles and documenting processes
What we offer
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary package
- Access to regular coaching and mentoring sessions
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to be the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence to drive strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of experts with vast energy, financial, and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon, and fossil commodities.
We are active across the globe in the APAC, LATAM, EMEA, and NORAM regions, working with leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software. We are a thriving, rapidly growing company, currently serving over 600 of the world’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors, and governments, and we expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.