We have an excellent opportunity for an IT Infrastructure Lead to maintain, support, and enhance the IT infrastructure of this highly successful energy analytics consultancy. To be successful in this role you will need to ensure the performance, resilience, and reliability of the company’s Infrastructure and Systems across a growing global business. With a solid focus on networking, the IT Infrastructure Lead will manage Aurora’s connectivity, routers, switches, and firewalls. The role will also involve the management of Windows and Linux servers, largely based on AWS.
The IT Infrastructure Lead will be the point of escalation for 3rd-line support queries from the service desk and will be a friendly and approachable member of the IT team. You should be able to work independently and be flexible to changing deadlines. You will play a pivotal role in designing, implementing, and maintaining our organization’s IT infrastructure. We have exciting plans for our infrastructure in areas like Zero-Trust, SASE, and automation, as well as modernizing our IT infrastructure to support a rapidly expanding global business. This is a great opportunity for someone with the technical skills, drive, and vision to make a real impact on the way we use technology across the business.
- Responsible for ensuring the smooth daily operation of Aurora’s on-premises and cloud infrastructure
- Provide escalated technical support for complex infrastructure issues
- Collaborate with support teams to resolve incidents promptly and minimise downtime
- Share infrastructure knowledge and best practices with the wider IT team
- Design, implement, and manage scalable and secure IT infrastructure solutions, including servers, storage, network architecture, and cloud services
- Ensure high availability, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning
- Collaborate with senior management to define infrastructure budgets, timelines, and resource requirements
- Oversee security protocols and policies to protect data, systems, and networks.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards, regulations, and best practices
- Evaluate and manage relationships with infrastructure vendors and service providers
- Maintain detailed documentation of the infrastructure, configurations, and
- Provide regular reporting to the Head of IT and wider business, communicating project status, activities, and achievements
- Stay up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies to ensure the infrastructure remains competitive and efficient
- 5+ years of relevant experience in IT infrastructure
- Strong hands-on networking background/support and management of multiple sites including firewalls, switches, WiFi, VPN, IPsec Tunnels
- Solid cloud architecture knowledge (AWS or Azure)
- Detailed knowledge of Windows Server. Linux knowledge would be great
- Experience working with network monitoring and ITSM tools
- Proven experience in coordinating and deploying IT Infrastructure solutions
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Technical and process design skills with previous responsibility for the technical direction of projects, contributing to and overseeing the production of detailed technical designs
- Certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, Azure or AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Scripting and automation skills – PowerShell, Bash scripts, IaC
- Experience with Zero-Trust, SASE
- Experience with Sophos VPN and SG/XG/XGS Firewalls
- Experience with Ubiquiti, Netgear networking hardware
- Understanding of the ITIL framework and exposure to ISO27001
- Good working knowledge of service desk and change management processes with authorisation and risk categorisation
What we offer
- A fun, informal, collaborative and international work culture
- A competitive salary package
- Access to regular coaching and mentoring sessions and the opportunity to learn from experienced professionals
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offers a range of opportunities to develop your skills within the responsibilities of your role and within the wider context of the industry.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), offering a complete support network that offers expert advice and compassionate guidance 24/7/365, covering a wide range of personal and professional aspects
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to be the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence to drive strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of experts with vast energy, financial, and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon, and fossil commodities.
We are active across the globe in the APAC, LATAM, EMEA, and NORAM regions, working with leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software. We are a thriving, rapidly growing company, currently serving over 600 of the world’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors, and governments, and we expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.