Reporting to the Head of FP&A, this role would suit a candidate who has held a business partnering role working with operational stakeholders outside of finance, coupled with experience working within a high-growth subscription business. You will be flexible in your approach, looking to work in a growing and evolving business and focused on outcomes with a great degree of attention to detail.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to gain experience within a busy and scaling FP&A team where personal development is encouraged. You’ll play a pivotal role in supporting your senior FP&A colleagues to produce the relevant output which finance business partners and divisional Financial Directors rely on to make business decisions.
The ideal candidate will be at the mid/final stages of their ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualification and have two years of proven experience in a similar position.
- Working closely with the FP&A Manager and Senior FP&A Analyst to produce internal and external management information
- Supporting any key initiative/ projects within the FP&A team
- Supporting the monitoring, analysis, and provision of insight on all financial and operational matters, both internal and relevant external
- Preparing models in support of the forecast, budget, and strategic planning processes
- Reporting on and analysing performance
- Supporting in the preparation of exec, board, and external presentations
- Support on the preparation of Budgeting & forecasting – twice yearly for year-end and half-year, departmental bottom-up budget
- Budgets vs actual reporting
- People reporting including KPI reporting.
- Business partnering with people team, heads of departments, CFO and CEO
- Ad hoc reports
- Studying / Passed Finalist CIMA / ACCA / ACA (or equivalent), at least 2 years’ experience
- A high level of Excel is essential
- You must be proactive in nature with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines ensuring that the work is done to a high standard
- Highly organized
- Natural IT curiosity and at ease with IT systems
- Able to update and create clear PowerPoint presentations
- Attention to detail, good communication, hard-working and approachable character with the willingness to support and improve the finance tasks
- Flexible, curious, eager to learn and contribute to the success of the finance team
What we offer
- The opportunity to contribute to the continued development of a successful and thriving finance team in a fast-paced and exciting industry
- A dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and supportive environment
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee, fruit, and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to be the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence to drive strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of experts with vast energy, financial, and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon, and fossil commodities.
We are active across the globe in the APAC, LATAM, EMEA, and NORAM regions, working with leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software. We are a thriving, rapidly growing company, currently serving over 600 of the world’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors, and governments, and we expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.