Aurora wouldn’t be an industry leader in providing energy market forecasts, analysis, insights, and consultancy without our successful commercial team. We are seeking a Commercial Associate in our new Key Accounts team to sell our products and services which help the transition towards a more sustainable world. You will work in a dynamic multinational team responsible for sales and account management activities of our subscription services.
You will play a key role in all aspects of client interactions and business development. The role will focus on creating/developing software sales opportunities for the accounts you manage, across our full range of products.
The successful candidate will combine a strong commercial mindset, great communication and relationship management skills, passion to develop new business, high eagerness to learn, and interest in energy markets.
You will work in a dynamic, stimulating, demanding and collaborative environment. You will join our European commercial team, which is expected to grow and offer the potential for progression, including through international expansion and creating new data and SaaS solutions.
- Qualify, develop, and maintain software sales opportunities through company and product knowledge, researching consumer needs, and identifying how our solutions can meet them
- Generate leads and grow existing relationships to develop an active, repeat customer base
- Pursue plans to increase account value through cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
- Represent Aurora, with a comprehensive understanding of our offerings
- Pitch our offerings and make proposals to existing and potential customers
- Negotiate and contract structured offers
- Use Salesforce CRM to ensure standard processes during all sales stages
- Provide account management to ensure excellent customer experience and high engagement
- Contribute to new product development and improve our existing offerings
- Develop new marketing and sales materials as needed
- Where appropriate, and depending on interest/ability, support the software development team customer with customer feedback to support the development roadmap
- You have a strong commercial mindset and a good intuition for opportunities which can lead to commercial success.
- You can communicate and collaborate with both technically and non-technically minded people by asking good questions to receive valuable client information.
- You are motivated by achieving tangible individual and team commercial targets.
- You have a can-do attitude and willingness to get involved in a range of commercial activities wherever needed e.g., improving internal systems and processes.
- You have excellent organisational skills and a high degree of persistence and diligence.
- You remain calm under pressure and cope well with uncertainty.
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills.
- You thrive in team-oriented environments.
- You are enthusiastic and curious about the energy transition.
- You are a creative thinker able to think of new approaches within your authority to solve problems.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
- Sales, business development and client relationship experience is highly desired–especially any experience in energy-related subscription sales
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems is beneficial.
- Previous professional exposure to energy economics or power markets and networks would be advantageous.
- Fluency in a primary European language beyond English is a plus (particularly German).
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- The chance to work on multiple deals and develop key commercial and sales skills
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in Berlin with coffee, fruit, and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary package
- Access to regular coaching and mentoring sessions and the opportunity to learn from experienced HR professionals
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility we could offer, and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to be the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence to drive strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of experts with vast energy, financial, and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon, and fossil commodities.
We are active across the globe in the APAC, LATAM, EMEA, and NORAM regions, working with leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software. We are a thriving, rapidly growing company, currently serving over 600 of the world’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors, and governments, and we expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.