Aurora wouldn’t be an industry leader in providing energy market analysis, insights, and consultancy without our successful commercial team. We are seeking an Associate to sell our products and services which help drive the energy transition towards a more sustainable world.
You will work in a dynamic multi-national team responsible for sales and account management activities of our subscription services. You will play a key role in all aspects of client interactions and business development. The role will focus on creating/developing sales opportunities for our full range of global products, with a focus on customers based in the UK and Ireland.
The successful candidate will combine a strong commercial mindset, great communication and relationship management skills, passion to develop new businesses, high eagerness to learn, and interest in energy markets. You will work in a dynamic, stimulating, demanding and collaborative environment.
You will join our European commercial team, which is expected to grow and offer the potential for progression, including through international expansion and the creation of new data and software-based solutions.
- Represent Aurora across the industry, with a comprehensive understanding of our offerings.
- Qualify, develop, and maintain sales opportunities through company and product knowledge, researching consumer needs and identifying how our solutions can meet them.
- Generate leads and grow existing relationships to develop an active, repeat customer base.
- Pursue plans to increase account value through cross-sell and up-sell opportunities.
- Pitch our offerings to senior personnel and make proposals to existing and potential customers.
- Negotiate and contract structured offers.
- Use Salesforce CRM to ensure standard processes during all sales stages.
- Provide account management to ensure excellent customer experience and high engagement.
- Contribute to new product development and improve our existing offerings.
- Strong commercial mindset, including creativity and intuition for opportunities that create impact and commercial success
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and cope with uncertainty
- Excellent organisation skills and a high degree of persistence and diligence
- A can-do attitude and willingness to help wherever needed e.g. improving internal systems and processes
- Motivated by achieving tangible individual and team commercial targets
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with both technically and non-technically minded people
- Outstanding written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments
- Enthusiasm and curiosity about the energy transition
- Sales, business development and client relationship experience are highly desired –especially any experience in energy-related subscription sales
- Previous professional exposure to energy economics, power markets and power networks would be an advantage
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to be the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence to drive strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of experts with vast energy, financial, and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon, and fossil commodities.
We are active across the globe in the APAC, LATAM, EMEA, and NORAM regions, working with leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software. We are a thriving, rapidly growing company, currently serving over 600 of the world’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors, and governments, and we expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.