In this role, the Building & Facilities Manager will be responsible for overseeing general maintenance and support services for our Head Office in Oxford. The staff are currently housed in an established office across three floors. However, we are quickly outgrowing this space and have recently acquired prime office space in a prestigious central Oxford location.
As such, the Building & Facilities Manager will also manage the Cat B design and fit-out of this large, multi-storey office (35,000+ sq ft) over the duration of the project (approximately 12 months). They are also responsible for overseeing dilapidations, snagging, sign-off and office relocation.
The successful candidate will oversee the entire lifecycle of our new office project — from its initial planning and design stages through to its execution and final completion. This involves ensuring delivery within specified deadlines and budget constraints while upholding the highest standards. In addition, the candidate will manage the daily operations of our existing office, with the support of our Office Managers and Office Assistants. This includes planning for supplementary office space as required to accommodate the overflow.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in project management within the building and facilities management industry, with mandatory experience in office renovations and relocations.
Ongoing facilities management of existing office space / future office space
- Overall responsibility for building maintenance and facilities, including cleaning, catering and security.
- Liaise with the property management company for matters relating to landlord’s obligations and consent for repairs, maintenance etc.
- Ensure the building meets health and safety, energy efficiency and other relevant standards.
- Implement quality control measures and address any non-conformities promptly.
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders to ensure their needs are being met.
- Oversee office space utilisation, identify deficiencies, and implement appropriate improvements.
New office space:
- Create and maintain a detailed project schedule, including finalising lease agreements, design and fit out dependencies and critical milestones.
- Coordinate and oversee local planners, contractors, suppliers, and vendors, ensuring adherence to project schedules and quality standards.
- Oversee office design fit-out and move project, including:
- plan timelines, budget, and resources required.
- collaborate with stakeholders to define objectives, scope and specifications.
- engage with and manage third-party service providers and contractors.
- conduct regular site assessments to identify potential issues or risks, and implement corrective actions as needed.
- conduct thorough risk assessments and create mitigation strategies.
- ensure the quality of workmanship and adherence to design specification
- Develop and manage the project budget, including cost estimation, tracking, control, and invoice sign-off, ensuring always to negotiate competitive prices.
- Assess and manage project changes, including scope variations, change orders, and unforeseen circumstances, in each case having evaluated the impact of changes on the project timeline, budget, and resources.
- Regularly communicate project updates to key stakeholders, providing timely reports on milestones, budget status, and any deviations from the plan and conduct project meetings as appropriate
- Coordinate employee communications and change management activities to ensure a smooth transition during the office move.
- Proven experience as a project manager overseeing office design fit-out and move projects
- Strong knowledge of construction & fit-out practices, building codes, and safety regulations
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to plan, schedule, and prioritise tasks effectively
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality results
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work under tight deadlines
- PMP qualification or equivalent
- Proficiency in project management software and tools.
What we offer
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary package
- Access to regular coaching and mentoring sessions and the opportunity to learn from experienced professionals
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to be the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence to drive strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of experts with vast energy, financial, and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon, and fossil commodities.
We are active across the globe in the APAC, LATAM, EMEA, and NORAM regions, working with leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software. We are a thriving, rapidly growing company, currently serving over 600 of the world’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors, and governments, and we expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.