We are seeking an Assistant Accountant who has worked within a finance setting for at least two years.
The role is responsible for a wide range of tasks in a fast-paced and changing environment. Reporting to the Financial Accountant, you will proactively assist with sales ledger, credit control and month-end reporting, ensuring invoices are raised in a timely manner and that cash is received within credit terms. You will manage the day-to-day Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable and identify improvement opportunities.
We are looking for someone who can work independently, has excellent attention to detail and can hit the ground running. You must have excellent organisational skills and be a confident communicator.
This is a chance to gain experience within an organisation where individuals thrive on change and work in an exciting and dynamic environment.
- Assist the Financial Accountant with maintaining accounts receivable and accounts payable ledgers
- Process customer invoices and supplier invoices into the ERP system
- Cash collection and correct allocation of all customer accounts is one of the main responsibilities of Credit Control
- Send out invoices and follow up by email to ensure the receipt of payment within our credit terms
- Maintain Aged Debt within agreed parameters
- Preparation of Debtor’s report and bad debt provision for review
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations specific to Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payable
- Cash ledger posting and bank reconciliations
- Assist Financial Accountant to ensure month-end and year-end procedures run smoothly and all group deadlines are met
- Provide analysis on topics relating to finance matters for the Financial Accountant and Management
- Develop and implement your ideas to optimise financial processes
- Support the Group Finance team with all necessary tasks and projects
- At least 2 years directly relevant experience
- A sound understanding of integrated accounting systems
- High-level system skills including Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive and inquisitive with high attention to detail
- Strong organisation skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- Ability to work collaboratively with non-finance managers
- Studying towards relevant accounting qualification such as AAT/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent
What we offer
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary package
- Access to regular coaching and mentoring sessions and the opportunity to learn from experienced HR professionals
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to be the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence to drive strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of experts with vast energy, financial, and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon, and fossil commodities.
We are active across the globe in the APAC, LATAM, EMEA, and NORAM regions, working with leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software. We are a thriving, rapidly growing company, currently serving over 600 of the world’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors, and governments, and we expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.