Joining the advisory team for Central Europe in our Berlin office, you will contribute to the firm by developing analysis and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision making. You will play an active role in all aspects of client engagement: helping identify issues, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, and synthesizing conclusions into recommendations, while also managing workstreams and smaller projects and driving internal initiatives.
The proximity to key decision makers of the Energiewende in Berlin ensures our research agenda remains highly relevant for Germany. Furthermore, Berlin is a gateway for Aurora to further European markets, offering exciting opportunities to work on international projects in countries such as Poland the Netherlands, and beyond.
The successful applicant will combine technical strength and performance in team-oriented environments. In addition, you will play an active role in client engagement: identifying clients’ needs, pitching our offering and answering client-specific questions in calls and in-person workshops.
You will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, demanding yet supportive environment. You will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to influence major decisions in the energy sector substantially, and to grow into an industry expert under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s leading advisory firms.
- Manage workstreams and smaller project teams in developing timely and rigorous quantitative analyses to enhance clients’ decision-making
- Work closely with our modelling team, structuring economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model results
- Contribute to Aurora’s product development, by identifying new opportunities, developing new business and expanding our capabilities
- Engage with clients to thoroughly understand their requirements
- Communicate findings to clients as well as to the wider public (media, webinars, …)
- At least 3 years of experience at a leading consultancy, energy company, investment bank, or other knowledge-driven firm or institution (e.g. think tank, research or university institute) or a completed PhD in a relevant field and has gathered in parallel, before or afterwards relevant work experience.
- A university degree in either:
- a quantitative subject, coupled with a keen interest in policy developments
- a social science, environmental studies or a related field, coupled with an interest in quantitative analysis
- An ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments
- An ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical parties
- Demonstrated success in project management preferred
- Strong interest in energy markets, and previous professional or academic exposure to energy is beneficial
- Very good knowledge of German and English; fluency in another European language is desired (e.g., Dutch, Polish)
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary package
- Access to regular coaching and mentoring sessions and the opportunity to learn from experienced HR professionals
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to be the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence to drive strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of experts with vast energy, financial, and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon, and fossil commodities.
We are active across the globe in the APAC, LATAM, EMEA, and NORAM regions, working with leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software. We are a thriving, rapidly growing company, currently serving over 600 of the world’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors, and governments, and we expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.