Aurora is looking for a Power Market Analyst – Brazil Market to join our São Paulo office (with a period in Madrid, if possible).
Based in São Paulo, you will contribute to the firm by developing analysis and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision making. You will play an active role in all aspects of client engagement: helping identify issues, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, and synthesizing conclusions into recommendations.
The successful applicants will combine technical strength with a strong track record of leadership, dedication, and performance in team-oriented environments. Successful candidates will work in a dynamic, and intellectually stimulating yet supportive environment. They will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector and to grow into industry experts under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s leading advisory firms.
The position suits a recent graduate of a bachelor’s or master’s program.
- Develop timely and rigorous quantitative analyses to enhance clients’ decision making
- Work closely with our modelling team, structuring economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model results
- Contribute to Aurora’s product development, by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities
- Engage with clients to thoroughly understand their requirements
- Communicate findings to clients
- First-class degree in a quantitative subject (Mathematics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, Finance)
- Interest in or knowledge of power markets and associated policy frameworks
- An ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments
- An ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical parties
- Proficiency in English (C1 level)
- Written and spoken fluency in Portuguese (C2 level)
- Existing knowledge of the Brazil market and energy markets in general
- Competence in advanced data analytics (e.g. Python, Advanced Excel)
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training program offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to be the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence to drive strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of experts with vast energy, financial, and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon, and fossil commodities.
We are active across the globe in the APAC, LATAM, EMEA, and NORAM regions, working with leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software. We are a thriving, rapidly growing company, currently serving over 600 of the world’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors, and governments, and we expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.