Aurora lives and breathes data; it’s in our DNA, and we use it to provide vital intelligence and influence on the global energy transformation. We are looking for someone keen to join a fast-paced, scaling global company who shares this passion to take our reward analytics insights to the next level.
This opportunity will suit someone who loves manipulating, modelling, analysing & interpreting large data sets. You will also enjoy drawing conclusions and creating a compelling narrative to add value to key business strategic decisions.
You’ll drive day-to-day operational work but also contribute to the big picture strategy.
You’ll have the chance to work in our close-knit, fun and hugely supportive People & Culture (P&C) team. Our main mantra is ‘one P&C; one team’. We strive to develop individual capability characterised by personal accountability and shared responsibility. Our other mantra, ‘better never stops’, underpins our determination to deliver P&C excellence in everything we do.
- Analyse, interpret, and derive insight from data sets to provide advanced, accurate and reliable reward and people analytics reports, including payscales, bonus dashboards and data models.
- Conduct ongoing research and analysis into emerging and industry trends, market data, and best practices related to total reward programs.
- Provide analytical support and data analysis related to total reward programs, including cost modelling, forecasting, benchmarking, salary survey data submissions, complex bonus calculations, pay reviews, job evaluations, gender pay gap and other related subjects.
- Develop and maintain reward and people data quality and to embed data integrity measures and controls.
- Use of effective data visualization techniques to present compelling narratives and insights, model financial impact, and draw conclusions.
- Support the design and delivery of people analytics, reporting, and management information framework to ensure visibility of key people matters.
- Support the evaluation of employees’ needs by conducting organisational psychology surveys to find out what motivates and engages employees.
- Support the annual compensation and benefits administration process.
- Participate in various reward and People & Culture special projects and initiatives.
- Educated to degree level in economics, STEM, or other quantitative-related subject.
- Experience working with and interpreting large data sets
- Advanced Excel & PowerBI (i.e. pivot tables, v-lookups, complex formulas)
- Strong analytical skills: ability to research, collect, clean and validate raw data, from multiple sources
- Strong organisational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive and efficient self-starter, able to navigate ambiguous situations, proactively finds solutions to challenges and has a drive for exacting results
What we offer
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary package
- Access to regular coaching and mentoring sessions and the opportunity to learn from experienced HR professionals
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
The successful candidate would start as soon as possible. We will review applications as they are received. Salary will be competitive with experience.
To apply, please submit your:
- Brief cover letter
- Salary expectations
- Earliest possible start date
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 400 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Rome, Stockholm, Athens, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, with more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.