- Berlin office
- Full-time (internship) / part-time (working student)
Are you looking to kickstart your career in the energy industry? Do you want to play an active role in our business development by helping identify issues, conducting analysis, and developing solutions to enhance our client’s decision making?
If yes, then come join us to contribute to Aurora’s mission of providing strategic analysis and conveying insights on the global energy transition to create a cleaner, more efficient energy system.
You would join our team:
- either full-time for 8 to 16 weeks, or
- on a part-time basis as a working student for approximately 20 hours per week for an extended period of time
We are looking for someone who has a strong interest in energy, data analytics, and programming. You will work closely with our Technical Lead on tool and model development, as well as cross-office initiatives and coordination.
You will work in a dynamic, fast thinking and supportive environment. The position suits current students of bachelor’s or master’s programs, with possible opportunities to collaborate with us for your Master or Doctoral thesis. High-performing interns and working students will be given the opportunity to join Aurora full-time after graduation.
- Develop tools for internal and external clients to enhance our analytics capabilities
- Work closely with all of our analyst and technical teams to support internal development of our models and features
- Contribute to Aurora’s product development, by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities
- Assist with communicating findings to internal/external clients
- University students with a strong quantitative background and/or a keen interest in technology, energy markets, and policy
- An ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex data and information
- Skills or interest in common programming languages (e.g. python, java, C++, matlab, Excel, VBA, SQL, DAX, …)
- Fast learners of new skills and tools on the job
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills
- Interest in data analytics and visualisation; e.g. Power BI, tableau, …
- Team players who take an interest in what happens in the world around them
- Well organized and ability to work independently
- Fluent in English (C1 level or above)
- Nice to have but not required would be to additionally speak one of the following European languages: German, Dutch, Italian, Polish, Czech, or one of the Nordics
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to acquire industry and functional (analytical tools, data analyses, etc.) expertise
- Exciting variety of work streams and training opportunities
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Regular coaching and mentoring sessions
- An office in the most vibrant part of Kreuzberg with organic coffee, fruit and snacks delivered to the office
Founded in 2013 by University of Oxford professors and economists who saw the need for a deeper focus on quality analysis, we have grown to become the largest dedicated energy analytics provider in Europe.
- Subscription analytics