- Sydney office
- Permanent full-time
Based in Sydney, Australia, with an initial training period in Oxford, UK, you will contribute to the firm, by playing a key link role between Aurora’s modelling team and the research and consulting teams. The role involves developing analytical and computational tools as well as all aspects of client engagement: helping identify issues, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, and synthesising conclusions into recommendations. Successful candidates will work in a dynamic, highly intellectually stimulating and supportive environment. They will enjoy autonomy and the opportunity to substantially influence a major energy modelling project, and to grow into industry experts under the guidance of directors with deep experience applying academic insights to practical challenges.
- Excellent degree in Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or other quantitative field
- Top notch analytical ability, demonstrated, for example, through academic performance
- Ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information
- Knowledge of one programming language, e.g. C++, Matlab, Python, R, Java, etc.
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments
- Master’s degree or PhD
- Technical excellence
- Knowledge of and interest in energy markets, and a belief that well-designed model significantly improve decision making
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and skill with statistical software
- Knowledge of an algebraic modelling language, such as GAMS (preferred) or AMPL
- Advanced knowledge of Excel including VBA
What we offer
- A dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to grow with the company, take on further responsibilities and bring in your own ideas
- A fun and international work culture
- Coffee, fruit and snacks delivered to the office as well as Friday evening pizza and beer with the team
Founded in 2013 by University of Oxford professors and economists who saw the need for a deeper focus on quality analysis, we have grown to become the largest dedicated energy analytics provider in Europe.
- Subscription analytics