Based in Oxford, you will work as part of an experienced Software Development team building highly innovative cloud-based software solutions for our clients and internal users, using cutting edge development practices (e.g. Microservices, Continuous Delivery, DevOps). The successful applicant will combine exceptional problem solving and technical capability with a passion to deliver great solutions for our users.
The successful candidate will work in a creative, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. You will enjoy autonomy, and the opportunity to develop solutions that could influence major decisions in the energy sector. The innovative nature of the role will give significant opportunity to broaden and deepen your skill set using a range of technologies on some significant and challenging problems.
- Design, develop, test and operate the new generation of Aurora’s software-as-a-service solutions.
- Work closely with end users (internal and external) to innovate highly effective
- Contribute to continuously improving how the Software Team works.
- At least a BSc degree in computer science (or a similar technical field), or equivalent practical experience
- A proven track record for delivering great software and solving difficult technical problems in a commercial environment
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a great team player
- Experience building web-services/microservices
- Solid experience in developing complex software solutions with experience of Node/Typescript, Python and SQL
- Experience of unit testing (highly desirable)
- Experience of AWS (highly desirable)
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience
What we offer
- Working as part of a fun, friendly and highly skilled team
- Work on a cutting-edge, constantly evolving technology stack, utilising a
Microservices architecture and using AWS, Node/Typescript, AWS Lambdas,
Python, AWS Redshift, MySQL, MongoDB, Jest
- An opportunity to influence the direction of a fast-growing area of the business.
- Intellectual challenge
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of
opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 250 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney and Austin, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.