Based in Oxford, you will work as part of an experienced Software Development team building highly innovative cloud-based software solutions for our clients and internal users, using cutting edge development practices (e.g. Microservices, Continuous Delivery, DevOps). The successful applicant will combine exceptional problem solving and technical capability with a passion to delivering a great user experience.
The successful candidate will work in a creative, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. You will enjoy autonomy, and the opportunity to develop solutions that could influence major decisions in the energy sector. The innovative nature of the role will give significant opportunity to broaden and deepen your skill set using a range of technologies on some significant and challenging problems.
- Design, develop, test and operate the new generation of Aurora’s software-as-a-service solutions including playing a key role in designing and developing the user interface
- Work closely with end users (internal and external) to innovate highly effective solutions
- Contribute to continuously improving how the Software Team works
- At least a BSc degree in computer science (or a similar technical field), or equivalent practical experience
- A proven track record for delivering great software and solving difficult technical problems in a commercial environment
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a great team player
- Solid experience in developing complex software solutions using React
- Has an eye for designing and building software with a fantastic user-experience
- Experience building web-services/microservices
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Experience of unit testing (highly desirable)
- Experience of AWS (highly desirable)
What we offer
- Working as part of a fun, friendly and highly skilled team
- Work on a cutting-edge, constantly evolving technology stack, utilising a React, Microservices architecture and using AWS, Node, AWS Lambdas, Java, Python, AWS Redshift, MySQL, Jest
- An opportunity to influence the direction of a fast-growing area of the business
- Intellectual challenge
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary
Founded in 2013 by University of Oxford professors and economists who saw the need for a deeper focus on quality analysis, we have grown to become the largest dedicated energy analytics provider in Europe.
- Subscription analytics