We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer to be one of the founding members of our newly forming Software Team in Athens, working closely with the rest of the Software Team in Oxford (England).
You would work as part of a fun and highly experienced Software Team using a Microservices architecture and using TypeScript/Express/AWS Lambdas, Redshift, MySQL, MongoDB and Micro-frontends built on React. This will allow you to take responsibility for solutions from design to deployment. You will be working with processes and tooling that allows you to release changes to our customers multiple time per day. The successful applicant will combine exceptional problem solving and technical capability with a passion to deliver great solutions for our users.
You will enjoy autonomy, and the opportunity to develop solutions that could influence major decisions in the energy sector. The innovative nature of the role will give significant opportunity to broaden and deepen your skill set using a range of technologies on some significant and challenging problems.
- Design, develop, test and operate the new generation of Aurora’s software-as-a-service solutions, working closely with the rest of the Software Team based in Oxford
- Work closely with end users (internal and external) to innovate highly effective solutions
- Contribute to continuously improving how the Software Team works
- A passion for solving problems with technology.
- Solid experience in developing complex software solutions with experience of (some of) Node/Typescript, Express, Python, React and SQL.
- A proven track record for delivering great software and solving difficult technical problems
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a great team player.
- Experience of developing on the AWS platform highly desirable.
What we offer
- Play a key role helping build a new software team in our Athens office
- Work on a cutting-edge, constantly evolving technology stack, utilising a Microservices architecture and using AWS, Node/TypeScript, AWS Lambdas, Python, AWS Redshift, MySQL, MongoDB, Jest
- An opportunity to influence the direction of a fast-growing area of the business
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary
- Access to regular coaching and mentoring sessions and the opportunity to learn from experienced HR professionals
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer, and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavorable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 300 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.