As Aurora scales to match business demand, there is a need for a Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor to apply their leadership experience to drive excellence in our fast-growing global talent acquisition team. Supported by a team of 4, the Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor is responsible for:
- Building our global EVP and talent attraction strategy
- Crafting digital recruitment marketing plans & direct sourcing campaigns
- Driving recruitment efforts in the US and Australia
- Growing & leading our talent acquisition team, globally
You will thrive on working at pace in a very busy and growing HR team. We are a close-knit, fun bunch and are hugely supportive of each other.
Our main mantra is ‘one HR; one team’, we strive to develop individual capability characterised by personal accountability and shared responsibility. Our other mantra, ‘better never stops’, underpins our determination to deliver HR excellence in everything we do.
- Lead and develop the Talent Acquisition team. Ensure efficient, high-quality delivery of their tasks and responsibilities. Coach and empower the team to grow to the maximum of their potential
- Work closely with the Head of HR and the UK Talent Acquisition Coordinator to create a global talent attraction and recruitment strategy
- Build the global EVP framework, employer branding assets, and implementation plans to activate the talent attraction strategy
- Identify and deploy tools to support direct hiring & candidate sourcing capability
- Own every aspect of your team’s performance. Coach and empower the team to grow to the maximum of their potential
- Partner with business leaders and hiring managers to assess their talent needs, and advise on the best talent acquisition strategy by leveraging relevant market insights and historic data
- With the support of HR Coordinators, own and drive the end-to-end operational recruitment in the US and Australia
- Oversee management of graduate & intern recruitment, and the management of the Graduate Programme
- Formalise our approach to providing work experience opportunities
- Proactively anticipate opportunities to accelerate hiring pace and mitigate challenges
- Collaborate with the UK Talent Acquisition Coordinator to identify and implement a new global applicant tracking system
- Driving continuous improvements to facilitate exceptional team output and delivery to our stakeholders
- Produce regular statistical global Talent Acquisition management reports and present updates to the leadership team, as required
- Work cross-functionally with various stakeholders, globally
- Act as an ambassador of Aurora’s values and culture. Instil these across the global HR team
- Build a strong external HR network, monitor UK market developments for new HR trends, and use this to provide thought leadership
- Degree educated or equivalent work experience, CIPD qualified
- Proven line management/leadership experience
- Strong influencing skills and ability to build credibility quickly
- Solid talent acquisition & recruitment marketing experience
- Ability to coach & influence real change
- Proven skills in continuous improvement and adept at complex stakeholder management to ensure that the people strategy is delivered
- Good understanding of UK employment law
- Proven experience in owning and executing talent acquisition projects with strong planning, prioritisation, and time management skills
- Self-motivation & resilience. Able to grasp & understand the business, to make informed/robust decisions, and influence line managers accordingly
- Excellent attention to detail with strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate effectively
- Enjoys working within a strong team environment & a real passion and enthusiasm for talent acquisition
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, integrity, and discretion
- Positive & flexible mindset, resilient and able to deal with ambiguity
- Willingness to travel to other sites as needed
What we offer
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 250 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney and Austin, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.