Based in Oxford, you will work as part of a fun and highly experienced and growing Software Team building innovative cloud-based software solutions which power major decisions in the global energy transition.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Aurora, you will be responsible for turning product ideas that will shape the future of the global energy markets into a reality.
You would work as part of a team on a cutting-edge Microservices architecture and using TypeScript/Express/AWS Lambdas, Redshift, MySQL, MongoDB and Micro-frontends built on React. This will allow you to take responsibility for solutions from design to deployment. You will be working with processes and tooling that allow you to release changes to our customers multiple times per day.
The successful applicant will combine exceptional problem-solving and technical capability with a passion to deliver great solutions for our users.
- Design, develop, test, and operate the new generation of Aurora’s software-as-a-service solutions including playing a key role in designing and developing the user interface.
- Work closely with end users (internal and external) to innovate highly effective solutions.
- Play a defining role in continuously improving how the Software Team works.
- 4+ years of Commercial experience in developing complex software solutions with some of the following Node/TypeScript, Express, Python, SQL, NoSQL, Cloud Infrastructure or similar.
- A proven track record for delivering great software and solving difficult technical problems.
- Experience building web services/microservices.
- The ability to technically lead a project from inception to completion.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a great team player.
- Experience in unit testing (highly desirable).
- Experience with React (highly desirable).
What we offer
- Working as part of a fun, friendly and highly skilled team.
- Work on a cutting-edge, constantly evolving technology stack, utilising a Microservices architecture and using AWS, Node/TypeScript, AWS Lambdas, Python, AWS Redshift, MySQL, MongoDB, Jest.
- An opportunity to influence the direction of a fast-growing area of the business.
- An intellectual challenge.
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee and fruit available in the office.
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills.
- A hybrid work model of remote and in-office working with up to 2 days a week working from home.
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
Start dates are flexible, please indicate your earliest possible start date. We will review applications as they are received. Salary will be competitive.
To apply, please submit your:
- Brief cover letter
- Salary expectations
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 350 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Rome, Stockholm, Athens, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, with more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.