Based in Oxford, you will contribute to the development of Aurora’s growing suite of software solutions, used by leading companies across the energy sector. You will help customers to implement their projects on our platform and collaborate with many different Aurora teams to improve the product and increase adoption. You will work with large datasets and support the deployment of our services across many different countries.
Successful candidates will combine a passion for global energy transformation with a strong interest in product management and advanced data analytics. They will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, demanding and collaborative environment. They will gain a deep understanding of the energy industry and product management skills, working at the forefront of the global energy transformation.
The position suits a recent graduate of a bachelor’s or master’s programme with 1-2 years professional experience in energy, data analytics, product development, or adjacent fields.
- Apply advanced analytics techniques under guidance from senior practitioners to deliver insights from energy modelling and other complex datasets
- Work with a cross-functional team of highly skilled software engineers, modellers, and research analysts in continuous product delivery
- Engage with clients deliver their projects on our platform, answer their questions, gather feedback, and help them get the most value from our services
- Test our products to ensure we deliver high quality and robust software to our clients
- Become a subject matter expert for the services you work with, in areas such as energy modelling, wind and batteries.
- Work with the Product Manager to maintain and update a prioritised product backlog, using a range of inputs such as data, market research, client feedback and your own judgement
- Conduct competition, market, and customer research
- Measure, analyse and report on product adoption, usage, and performance
- Drive and own new propositions for product features, defining their objective, scope, and success criteria, in line with product vision and strategy
- Collaborate with other Product Analysts and Managers to share best practices and expand the culture of Product Management
- Strong interest in energy and power markets
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and evidence of strong academic performance (First, 2:1 or similar) in a quantitative subject
- The ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information
- Experience with at least one programming language, e.g. Python, R, Matlab, etc.
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments
- Strong communication skills and the ability to adapt your communication style for technical and non-technical audiences
- At least 1-2 years professional experience demonstrating the ability to work independently to a brief
What we offer
- An opportunity to develop product management skills, technical skills, and subject matter expertise in the fast-changing energy industry
- An entrepreneurial, intellectually stimulating, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to grow with the company, take on further responsibilities and bring in your own ideas
- Comprehensive onboarding and training programs at our “Aurora Academy”, as well as mentoring, and junior management coaching tracks
- A fun and international work culture
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee, fruit, and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
The successful candidate would start as soon as possible. We will review applications as they are received. Salary will be competitive with experience.
To apply, please submit your:
- Brief cover letter
- Salary expectations
- Earliest possible start date
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 400 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Rome, Stockholm, Athens, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, with more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.