We are looking for a commercially minded strategic marketer who is enthusiastic and highly organized to coordinate Aurora’s key touchpoints with clients and the wider energy industry across North America.
You will be responsible for coordinating regional marketing and events for our US subscription products and software, establishing relationships with local media to raise Aurora’s profile, and coordinating marketing across digital and offline channels. You will join our regional marketing and events meetings and contribute to raising the profiles of our experts. You will also have wider Commercial Team responsibilities, such as CRM upkeep, sales onboarding assistance, and reporting.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing in the UK, with line management responsibility initially for a Marketing Coordinator in Austin and with further plans for team expansion. You will be a valued member of our Commercial team, working closely with both the central Marketing, and Events team. You will need to work pragmatically, be a supportive team player, and be confident to generate creative ideas that engage audiences.
If you have 3-4 years of marketing and line management experience and are looking for more responsibility, this job is ideal for you! You’ll gain experience within an innovative, globally expanding company.
- Work with our regional business teams to plan and execute the regional marketing plans for North America
- Develop and deliver collateral to break down barriers throughout the decision-making process and apply the marketing mix to attract the right audience with the right messaging
- Support the launch of new subscription products and drive the promotion of the Aurora software portfolio, ensuring all activities are aligned with global campaigns
- Align with the global team to deliver lead-generating campaigns consistent with global messaging
- Support defining of KPIs, measure results and optimize accordingly
- Define B2B buyer personas, identify pain points, create content and marketing
- Own the marketing of our major events, and our Energy Unplugged podcast across North America
- Organize the update of marketing materials as necessary
- Support the coordination of US recruitment marketing
- Some Commercial team support as required, e.g., CRM upkeep and sales onboarding
- 3+ years working in B2B marketing
- Proven success in delivering effective lead generation activities
- Commercially focused: anticipate, identify and satisfy client needs profitably
- A good balance of superlative copywriting skills and creative flair
- An analytical mindset, optimizing decisions and budgets based on evidence
- Confident and persuasive, contributing to discussions with colleagues of all levels
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- A great team player
- Enthusiasm and curiosity about the energy transition
- Attention to detail and ability to switch fluently between high-level strategic considerations and details of implementation
- Demonstrated ability to concisely articulate technical topics to a public audience
- Experience managing and tracking marketing campaign success, from end-to-end
- Demonstrated ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects accurately and meeting deadlines
- Experienced using with Salesforce, Account Engagement (Pardot), WordPress, and webinar software
- Experience supporting full scope of external engagement strategy, including partnerships, stakeholder engagement, media, speaking engagements, and thought leadership opportunities
- The successful candidate would start as soon as possible. We will review applications as they are received. Salary will be competitive with experience.
What we offer
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary package
- Access to regular coaching and mentoring sessions and the opportunity to learn from experienced professionals
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to be the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence to drive strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of experts with vast energy, financial, and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon, and fossil commodities.
We are active across the globe in the APAC, LATAM, EMEA, and NORAM regions, working with leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software. We are a thriving, rapidly growing company, currently serving over 600 of the world’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors, and governments, and we expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.