We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior IT Technician to maintain, support and enhance the IT offering of this highly successful energy analytics provider. To be successful in this role you will need to provide high quality support to our users, ensure that our systems are properly administered and develop on existing infrastructure and processes. You will play a vital role in onboarding new starters and will be a friendly and approachable member of the global IT team.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly and independently. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users internally and externally.
You should be able to work independently and be flexible to changing deadlines. Reliability and adaptability are vital for this role together with excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
We are looking for someone who has a high attention to detail and can hit the ground running. This is a chance to gain experience within an organization where individuals thrive on change and to work within an innovative and growing SME.
- A member of Aurora’s global IT team, responsible for the smooth running of IT processes and initiatives for our US offices
- Perform ticket-based user support tasks including end-user troubleshooting, laptop repair, system support and on/off boarding tasks
- Lead on troubleshooting issues and outages with the IT team and stakeholders to assist in troubleshooting, identifying the root cause, providing technical support and participating in incident management and change reporting
- Support future IT projects including SOC2 implementation, centralized asset management and device management
- Collaborate with the wider IT team to improve existing processes, increase automation and meet project goals
- Provide regular reporting capabilities to the IT manager and wider business to communicate projects status, activities, and achievements
- Follow consistent security practices and identify where improvements are required. Report on and escalate security concerns to the IT Manager and work closely with the IT Team to promote a security minded culture
- Provide on-call and after-hours technical support
- Develop compliance activities as needed, including data log collection, statistical analysis, and proper reporting standards
- Manage, deploy and configure upgrades, software updates, security patches and other necessary items on an as-needed basis
- Work and maintain relationships with external suppliers and warranty providers
- Perform routine/scheduled audits and testing of systems, including all backups and disaster recovery tools
- 2+ years’ experience in the IT field as an IT Technician, Systems Administrator, Helpdesk Analyst or similar role
- Experience with server operating systems (Windows Server 2012 – 2019); current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system performance-monitoring tools, and cloud-based infrastructure (Azure, Intune, AWS)
- Experience with networks (LAN, WAN, VoIP), DNS & DHCP, patch management, VPN services, switches and firewalls
- Experience in user support and troubleshooting, ideally having worked with a ticketing system in a Windows 10 environment
- Experience in project management, application management and integration, and version control
- Reporting and analytical skills, making use of the Microsoft Office Suite to present and manage information
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to identify weaknesses in current processes and documentation and improve as required
- Experience working within and/or supporting a SOC2 compliant environment
- Microsoft or Cisco and project management certifications would be an advantage
What we offer
- A dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to grow with the company, take on further responsibilities and bring in your own ideas
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in the most vibrant part of East Austin with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training program offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 250 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney and Austin, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.