Are you looking to leverage your data skills while helping deal with the energy crisis? Based in São Paulo, as an early member of the geographically dispersed Data Team within the Software Solutions team at Aurora, you will contribute to setting up processes and streamlining data pipelines that power Aurora’s energy model forecasts for countries around the world that are used by movers, shakers and policymakers in the energy industry. You will take ownership of data product development by working closely with other teams at Aurora to scope data requirements and help with acquisition, QA, analysis and pipeline setup for post-processing and data discovery. It is an exciting opportunity to work on several aspects of the data lifecycle while supporting the larger global energy transformation.
- Take ownership of the data product plan from concept to launch and maintenance
- Coordinate with Aurora teams to gather data requirements, support data acquisition from public and third-party sources, QA data and setup a pipeline to update the data
- Support design, development and launch of Aurora dashboards to visualise the data
- Support data discovery by cataloguing data and relevant metadata
- Support Aurora teams in data analysis projects
- At least 3 years of experience with relational and/or columnar databases and SQL
- At least 3 years of experience in coding with Python and working with YAML, JSON
- At least 1 year of experience with data scraping, data wrangling, and QA using Cloud-based tools, such as AWS Glue, Dataflow etc.
- Hands-on experience with data analytics and visualisation tools like Power BI, Tableau, Excel
- Proficiency (C1 Level) in English
- Good communication skills
- Familiarity with statistical and/or AI models
What we offer
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary package
- Access to regular coaching and mentoring sessions and the opportunity to learn from experienced HR professionals
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora, we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to be the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence to drive strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of experts with vast energy, financial, and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon, and fossil commodities.
We are active across the globe in the APAC, LATAM, EMEA, and NORAM regions, working with leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software. We are a thriving, rapidly growing company, currently serving over 600 of the world’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors, and governments, and we expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.