- Full time
- Madrid office
- Start date: As soon as possible
Joining Aurora in our Madrid office, you will contribute to the firm by developing analyses and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision making. You will be in charge of the modelling and analysis for the Iberian market (Spain and Portugal), analysing current developments and forecasting long-term market prices.
You will play a key role in all aspects of project and product delivery – managing projects, directing our ongoing research, conducting novel analyses, identifying client needs and new business opportunities.
The successful applicant will combine technical strength with a strong track record of leadership and performance in team-oriented environments. In addition, you will play an active role in client engagement: identifying clients’ needs, pitching our offering and answering client-specific questions in calls and in-person workshops.
You will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. You will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector, and to further grow into an industry expert under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s leading advisory firms.
The position suits an experienced associate or manager from a top-tier strategic or economic consultancy, energy company, financial services company, or knowledge-focused firm or
institution. The successful candidate will combine technical ability with a strong track record of leadership and dependable performance in team-oriented environments.
- At least 3 to 6 years of experience at a leading consultancy, energy company, financial services company, or other knowledge-driven firm or institution
- First class or high second-class university degree in a relevant quantitative subject
- Demonstrated working knowledge of power markets and associated policy framework
- Demonstrated success in project and process management in team-oriented environments
- Ability to analyse, interpret, and derive insight from complex quantitative data and information
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with both technically and non-technically minded parties
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial mind-set, and desire to grow the business
- Excellent written communication
- Native or professional-level competence in Spanish and English
- It would be highly advantageous to have existing knowledge of renewables and/or flexible energy technologies (e.g. batteries); and knowledge of the Iberian power market
- Demonstrated success in client-facing positions
- Competence in advanced data analytics (e.g. Python, Advanced Excel)
- Relevant Master’s degree or PhD
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of around 200 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Sydney and Austin, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 400 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.