Joining our Berlin office, you will contribute to the firm by developing analyses and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision making. You will be in charge of our German subscription analytics, leading the power market research teams for these products. You will be responsible for all aspects of project and product delivery – managing projects, directing our ongoing research, conducting novel analyses, identifying client needs and new business opportunities.
The successful applicant will combine technical strength with a strong track record of leadership and performance in team-oriented environments. In addition, you will play an active role in client engagement: identifying clients’ needs, pitching our offering and answering client-specific questions in calls and in-person workshops.
You will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. You will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector, and to further grow into an industry expert under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s leading advisory firms.
The position suits a professional with 4-6+ years of relevant experience at a research or consulting firm or a company in the energy sector, or a recent graduate of a PhD program who has contributed to consulting-work on the side. The exact entry position will be dependent on experience and educational level.
The maternity cover is limited to 7 – 8 months. In this period, you will lead the German research team, covering for the German Research Lead during her maternity leave. You will lead a strong team of four members, and be supported by the Head of Research.
After this period, you have the option to transition to any other internal role based on your interest and background. Due to our (consistently) fast expansion rate, we continuously have new roles opening up – for which we prefer internal candidates. Opportunities for example are to:
- Lead work in our consulting team
- Lead the team for one of our other subscription products – covering other European markets or cross-cutting analytics, e.g. on PPA markets or battery business models
- Lead project teams in developing timely and rigorous quantitative analyses to enhance clients’ decision making
- Work closely with our modelling team, structuring economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model results
- Draw insights out of the analysis we produce and communicate findings to clients as well as to the wider public (media, conferences, webinars etc)
- Engage with clients to thoroughly understand their requirements and present results to senior management
- Contribute to Aurora’s product development, by identifying new opportunities, shaping our research agenda, and expanding our capabilities
- Mentor and develop junior staff
- At least 4-6 years of experience at a leading consultancy, energy company, investment bank, or other knowledge-driven firm or institution (e.g. think tank, research or university institute)
- A very good university degree in either:
- a quantitative subject, coupled with a keen interest in policy developments
- a social science, environmental studies or a related field, coupled with a strength in quantitative analysis
- Substantial experience in working with energy system models
- An ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments
- An ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical parties
- Demonstrated success in project and process management in team-oriented environments
- Leadership experience demonstrated by previous roles of professional responsibility
- Strong interest in energy markets, previous professional or academic exposure to energy highly beneficial
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial mind-set, and desire to grow the business
- Full professional fluency in English required. In addition, professional fluency in any other European language is a strong asset
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through our conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Regular coaching and mentoring sessions
- An office in the most vibrant part of Kreuzberg with organic coffee, fruit and snacks delivered to the office
- A competitive salary package
- Private company pension scheme
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of around 200 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Sydney and Austin, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 400 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.