- Oxford or Madrid office
- Permanent full-time
Based in Oxford or Madrid, you will be a senior member of the project execution team in Aurora’s Iberia consultancy practice. You will manage junior colleagues in developing insights to help clients make better choices. You will support all aspects of client engagement: helping identify issues, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, synthesising conclusions into recommendations and presenting to senior clients. You will develop data-based strategic insights into the energy transition for both public and private sector clients.
Successful candidates will work in a dynamic, stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. They will apply their interpersonal skills to build connected, co-operative project teams. They will be given responsibility to chart the path of their teams through projects, and opportunities to substantially influence the thinking of organisations across the energy sector. Over time, they will be able to grow into industry experts under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s top advisory firms.
The position suits an experienced associate or manager from a top-tier strategic or economic consultancy, energy company, financial services company, or knowledge-focused firm or institution. The successful candidate will combine technical ability with a strong track record of leadership and dependable performance in team-oriented environments.
- At least 4 to 6 years of experience at a leading consultancy, energy company, financial services company, or other knowledge-driven firm or institution
- First class or high second-class university degree in a relevant quantitative subject
- Demonstrated working knowledge of power markets and associated policy framework
- Demonstrated success in project and process management in team-oriented environments
- Ability to analyse, interpret, and derive insight from complex quantitative data and information
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with both technically and non-technically minded parties
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial mind-set, and desire to grow the business
- Excellent written communication
- Native or professional-level competence in Spanish and English
- It would be highly advantageous to have existing knowledge of renewables and/or flexible energy technologies (e.g. batteries); and knowledge of the Iberian power market
- Demonstrated success in client-facing positions
- Competence in advanced data analytics (e.g. Python, Advanced Excel)
- Relevant Master’s degree or PhD
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- The opportunity to grow into an industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary
- (Berlin) Company Benefits program including JobTicket subsidy, SpendIt Card, JobRad and more
Founded in 2013 by University of Oxford professors and economists who saw the need for a deeper focus on quality analysis, we have grown to become the largest dedicated energy analytics provider in Europe.
- Subscription analytics