Based in Austin, TX, you will be a senior member of the project execution team in our consultancy practice. This position would suit an experienced associate or manager from a top-tier strategic or economic consultancy, energy company, financial services company, or knowledge-focused firm or institution. The successful candidate will combine technical ability with a strong track record of leadership and dependable performance in team-oriented environments.
Successful candidates will work in a dynamic, stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. They will apply their interpersonal skills to build connected, co-operative project teams. They will be given responsibility to chart the path of their teams through projects, and opportunities to substantially influence the thinking of organizations across the energy sector. Over time, they will be able to grow into industry experts under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s top advisory firms.
You will manage junior colleagues in developing insights to help clients make better choices. You will support all aspects of client engagement: helping identify issues, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, synthesizing conclusions into recommendations, and presenting to senior clients. You will develop data-based strategic insights into the energy transition for both public and private sector clients.
- At least 4 to 6 years of experience at a leading consultancy, energy company, financial services company, or other knowledge-driven firm or institution
- First class or high second-class university degree in a relevant quantitative subject
- Demonstrated working knowledge of power markets and associated policy framework
- Demonstrated success in project and process management in team-oriented environments
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and derive insight from complex quantitative data and information
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with both technically and non-technically minded parties
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial mind-set, and desire to grow the business
- Excellent written communication
- It would be highly advantageous to have existing knowledge of renewables and/or flexible energy technologies (e.g. batteries)
- Knowledge of at least one major US power market, with a preference for ERCOT
- Demonstrated success in client-facing positions and managing project-teams
- Competence in advanced data analytics (e.g. Python, Advanced Excel)
- Relevant Master’s degree or PhD
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through bilateral meetings, Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly-visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Regular coaching and mentoring sessions
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 250 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.