We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Paris, Sydney, Madrid, California and Austin, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.
As a (Senior) Associate, you will lead our Dutch and Belgian Research team, where you will focus on analysing the long-term evolution of the Dutch and Belgian energy system. Recent topics we have worked on include:
- Ways to achieve net zero emissions in the Dutch power market, and its implications for renewable developers.
- Analysing the impact of the new capacity market on the Belgium power system.
- Assessing the current and potential measures to lower the dependency on Russian gas in the Dutch power market.
Joining our office in Berlin, you will contribute to Aurora by developing analysis and conveying insights to enhance client’s decision making. You will play an active role in all aspects of client engagement: helping identify issues, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, and synthesizing conclusions into recommendations.
You will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and supportive environment. You will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to influence decisions in the energy sector, and grow into an industry expert under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s leading advisory firms.
The successful applicant will combine strong quantitative ability with a track record of performance in team-orientated environments. The position suits a professional with 3-6 years of relevant experience at a research or consulting firm or a company in the energy sector. The exact entry position will be dependent on experience and educational level.
- Lead a project team with 2-4 colleagues in developing timely and rigorous quantitative analysis to enhance the client’s decision making.
- Engage with clients to thoroughly understand their interests and gain new insights.
- Monitor the latest policy and market developments.
- Communicate findings to clients in workshops and conferences.
- Contribute to our product development, by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities.
- At least 3 years of experience at a leading consultancy, energy company, investment bank or other knowledge-driven firms or institutions (e.g. Think tank, Research or university institute).
- Demonstrated success in project and process management in team-orientated environments.
- A university degree in either:
- A quantitative subject, coupled with a keen interest in policy developments.
- A social science, environmental studies or a related field, coupled with an interest in quantitative analysis.
- A proven ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information.
- An ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical parties.
- Proficiency (C1 Level) in English and Dutch.
- Strong interest in energy markets, previous professional or academic exposure to energy beneficial.
- Experience in working with energy system models.
- Experience in managing project teams.
- Proficiency of French (B2 – C1) is not required, but would be beneficial.
- The successful candidate would start as soon as possible. We will review applications as they are received. Salary will be competitive with experience.
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector.
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora’s conferences, workshops and webinars.
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert.
- A fun, informal and international work culture.
- Regular mentoring sessions.
- A competitive salary package.
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills.
- Additional company pension contribution.
- Company benefits program including public transport subsidies, bike leasing and more.
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 300 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.