Joining Aurora in our Berlin office, you will contribute to the firm by developing analyses and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision making. You will be in charge of our carbon market analytics, analysing current developments and forecasting future carbon prices.
You will play a key role in all aspects of project and product delivery – managing projects, directing our ongoing research, conducting novel analyses, identifying client needs and new business opportunities.
The successful applicant will combine technical strength with a strong track record of leadership and performance in team-oriented environments. In addition, you will play an active role in client engagement: identifying clients’ needs, pitching our offering and answering client-specific questions in calls and in-person workshops.
You will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. You will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector, and to further grow into an industry expert under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s leading advisory firms.
The position suits a professional with 2 – 5 years of relevant experience at a research or consulting firm or a company in the carbon sector, or a recent graduate of a PhD program who has contributed to consulting-work on the side. The exact entry position will be dependent on experience and educational level.
- Keep abreast of developments in carbon policy, markets, and technology, and then use this to develop and provide data-driven insights to clients on how carbon markets could develop
- Analyse short- and long-term price trends in European carbon markets as well as their underlying drivers, including demand from financial actors, industry and the power sector
- Update our EU ETS price forecast. Advance our carbon modelling by working closely with our modelling team, structuring economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model results
- Draw insights out of the analysis you produce and communicate findings internally, to clients, and to the wider public (media, conferences, webinars etc)
- Represent the firm as an expert in this rapidly evolving market and developing our thought leadership, analysis and subscription product offering in this space
- Work towards the development of fully integrated carbon analysis across the entire company. This means working with other teams and offices in Aurora as well as independently
- At least 2 – 5 years of experience at a leading consultancy, energy company, investment bank, or other knowledge-driven firm or institution (e.g. think tank, research or university institute)
- A very good university degree in either:
- a quantitative subject, coupled with a keen interest in policy developments
- a social science, environmental studies or a related field, coupled with a strength in quantitative analysis
- An ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information
- An ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical parties
- Demonstrated success in project and process management in team-oriented environments
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial mind-set, and desire to grow the business
- Full professional fluency in English
- Previous professional or academic exposure to carbon markets. Deep knowledge of EU ETS regulation as well as abatement cost and options in covered sectors
- Substantial experience in working with energy system models
- Competence in advanced data analytics (e.g. Python, R, Advanced Excel)
- Demonstrated success in client-facing positions
- Leadership experience demonstrated by previous roles of professional responsibility
- Full professional fluency in further European languages
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Regular coaching and mentoring sessions
- A competitive salary package
- Internal further education offers and development perspectives with great creative freedom for your ideas and your commitment
- Additional company pension contribution
- Company Benefits program including JobTicket subsidy, SpendIt Card, JobRad and more
Founded in 2013 by University of Oxford professors and economists who saw the need for a deeper focus on quality analysis, we have grown to become the largest dedicated energy analytics provider in Europe.
- Subscription analytics