Based in Sydney, you will be a senior member of the team, helping to deliver our advisory services for clients. You will manage junior colleagues in developing insights to help clients make better choices. You will support all aspects of client engagement: helping identify issues, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, synthesising conclusions into recommendations and presenting to senior clients. You will develop data-based strategic insights into the energy transition for both public and private sector clients.
Successful candidates will work in a dynamic, stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. They will apply their interpersonal skills to build connected, cooperative project teams. They will be given responsibility to chart the path of their teams through projects, and opportunities to substantially influence the thinking of organisations across the energy sector. Over time, they will be able to grow into industry experts under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s top advisory firms.
The position suits an experienced analyst or associate from a top-tier strategic or economic consultancy, energy company, financial services company, or knowledge-focused firm or institution. The successful candidate will combine technical ability with a strong track record of leadership and dependable performance in team-oriented environments.
- Develop and carry out timely and rigorous quantitative analyses to enhance clients’ decision making
- Work closely with our modelling team, structuring economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model results
- Monitor the latest policy and market developments
- Engage with clients to thoroughly understand their interests and gain new insights
- Communicate findings to clients in workshops and conferences, turning analysis to insight by creating compelling presentations
- Contribute to our product development, by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities
- At least 2 to 4 years of experience at a major consultancy, energy company, financial services company, or other knowledge-focused firm or institution
- First-class or high-second-class university degree
- Demonstrated success in taking responsibility for project and process management
in team-oriented environments
- Proven ability to interpret and derive insight from complex quantitative data and
- Ability to communicate clearly and co-operate effectively with both technically and
non-technically minded people
- Self-starting, entrepreneurial mindset, and desire to grow the business
- Previous experience of working on energy-related projects or policy – particularly
in an Australian context
- Leadership, management or mentoring experience demonstrated by previous roles
of professional responsibility or extracurricular activities
- Demonstrated success in working together with clients
- Competence in advanced data analytics (e.g. Python, R, Matlab, Advanced Excel)
- Strong academic record, such as a Master’s degree or PhD in a relevant discipline
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to be the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence to drive strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of experts with vast energy, financial, and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon, and fossil commodities.
We are active across the globe in the APAC, LATAM, EMEA, and NORAM regions, working with leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software. We are a thriving, rapidly growing company, currently serving over 600 of the world’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors, and governments, and we expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.