Aurora’s mission is to provide data-driven intelligence to support the energy transition. To support this mission, we are looking for an Analyst to join our newest office in Austin, Texas.
Aurora has developed a market-leading suite of research services which provide analytics and insights to key players in energy markets around the world, both public and private. More than 300 companies access these services, representing the vast majority of power generation capacity in the market and projects in development.
Having recently expanded into the USA, this is an exciting opportunity to work on cutting edge research and inform key decisions taken by our rapidly growing group of US clients. The successful candidate will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. Working as part of a close-knit team, you will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector, and the chance to grow into an industry expert.
Based in Austin, Texas, you will develop analysis and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision making. You will play an active role in all aspects of research and client engagement: helping identify issues, form hypotheses, conduct analysis, and synthesize conclusions into recommendations.
The successful applicant will combine strong quantitative ability with a strong track record of performance in team-oriented environments.
The position suits a recent graduate of a bachelor’s or master’s program. At this time, we will only be considering US citizens and green card holders for this role.
- Develop timely and rigorous quantitative analyses to enhance clients’ decision making.
- Work closely with our modelling team, structuring economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model results.
- Contribute to Aurora’s product development, by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities.
- Engage with clients to thoroughly understand their requirements.
- Communicate findings to clients.
- A college degree and evidence of strong academic performance in:
1. A quantitative subject (e.g. Math, Economics, Physics, Engineering, Finance)
2. A social science, environmental studies or a related field, coupled with an interest in quantitative analysis
- The ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information.
- The ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical parties.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial mind-set, and desire to grow the business.
- Strong interest in energy and power markets
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments and project management (e.g. as part of a college project)
- Experience with statistical tools and techniques
- Experience with at least one programming language, e.g. C++, Matlab, Python, R, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
What we offer
- A dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to grow with the company, take on further responsibilities and bring in your own ideas
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in the hip East Austin area with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 250 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.