Joining our Berlin office, you will contribute to the firm by developing analysis and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision making. This means modelling and explaining the German power market, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, and synthesizing conclusions into recommendations. In doing so, you will help to guide utilities, investors, developers, and government through the fundamental transition the German power market is facing. Of course, there will be opportunities to present your results in meetings and workshops.
The successful applicant will combine strong quantitative ability with a track record of performance in team-oriented environments. You will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. You will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector, and to grow into an industry expert under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s leading advisory firms.
The position suits a recent graduate of a bachelor’s or master’s programme or young professional. Exact entry position will be dependent on experience and educational level. Unfortunately, we cannot consider applications not fulfilling the language requirements for this role; we encourage applicants who do not speak German and English to apply for other roles at Aurora.
- Develop timely and rigorous quantitative analyses to enhance clients’ decision making
- Work closely with our modelling team, structuring economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model results
- Contribute to Aurora’s product development, by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities
- Engage with clients to thoroughly understand their requirements
- Communicate findings to clients, turning analysis to insight by creating compelling presentations
- A very good university degree in either:
1. a quantitative subject, coupled with a keen interest in policy developments
2. a social science, environmental studies or a related field, coupled with an interest in quantitative analysis
- An ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information
- An ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical parties
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments
- Proficiency (C1 level) in German and English
- Demonstrated success in project management (e.g. university or job) preferred
- Strong interest in energy markets, previous professional or academic exposure to energy beneficial
- Experience in energy market modelling, data analysis or consultancy energy system models
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector through exceptional analysis
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Regular coaching and mentoring sessions
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
- Additional company pension contribution
- Company Benefits program including public transport subsidies, bike leasing and more
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 300 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.