Aurora has developed a market-leading suite of research services which provide analytics and insights to key players in energy markets around the world, both public and private. Our services are used by a broad range of clients to navigate the latest market developments, deliver large scale investments, and bring new technologies to market that will enable the transition to Net Zero.
This position sits within our Dutch/Belgian consultancy team in our Berlin office. You will support all aspects of client engagement: helping identify issues, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, synthesising conclusions into recommendations, and presenting to senior clients. Topics include market advisory for M&A transactions, energy policy and providing analysis on a range of technologies, including renewables, batteries and other emerging low carbon options such as hydrogen.
The research carried out produced by this team aims to provide thought leadership on the energy transition and provides the opportunity to work with key governmental institutions and executives in the Dutch and Belgian power sector.
The successful candidate will combine technical strength with an interest in the energy markets and be fluent in English as well as Dutch.
- Develop and carry out timely and rigorous quantitative analyses to enhance clients’ decision making
- Work closely with our modelling team, structuring economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model results
- Contribute to Aurora’s business development, by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities
- Client engagement through consulting projects
- A university master’s degree in either:
- a quantitative subject, coupled with a keen interest in policy developments
- a social science, environmental studies or a related field, coupled with an interest in quantitative analysis
- An ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments and project management (e.g., as part of a university project)
- An ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical parties
- Proficiency in both English and Dutch (C1 level or above)
- Enthusiasm for energy markets
- Existing knowledge of the Dutch or Belgian power system or energy markets in general
- Competence in advanced data analytics (e.g. Python, SQL, Advanced Excel)
- Proficiency in French (C1 level or above)
- Relevant Master’s degree or PhD
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast-thinking, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Regular coaching and mentoring sessions
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
- Additional company pension contribution
- Company benefits program including public transport subsidies and bike leasing programme
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 250 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.