Joining our new Athens office, you will contribute to the firm by developing analysis and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision making. You will support developers, utilities, investors, and governments to navigate the Greek, Bulgarian, Romanian, Hungarian, Slovenian, Croatian and Serbian power markets, as they are transitioning away from coal towards renewables.
The successful applicant will combine strong quantitative ability with a track record of high performance in team-oriented environments. You will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, yet supportive environment. You will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector and grow into an industry expert under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s leading advisory firms.
The position is suitable for a recent graduate of a master’s program with up to 2 years of relevant work experience. The exact entry position will be dependent on experience and educational level.
- You will develop timely and rigorous quantitative analyses to enhance clients’ decision making
- You will play an active role in all aspects of client engagement: helping identify issues, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, synthesising conclusions into recommendations, and communicating findings to clients
- You will work closely with our modelling team, structuring economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model results
- You will also contribute to Aurora’s product development, by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities
- A Bachelor’s degree in either:
- a quantitative subject, coupled with a keen interest in policy developments
- a social science, environmental studies, or a related field, coupled with an interest in quantitative analysis
- An ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex data and information
- An ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical parties
- Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments
- Proficiency (C1/C2 level) in English (C1/C2) and one other Southeastern European language (preferably Romanian, Bulgarian, or Greek) is essential
- Proficiency (B2/C1) in other Southeastern European languages, e.g., Croatian, Serbian or Albanian is a bonus
- Enthusiasm for energy markets: previous professional or academic exposure to energy beneficial
What we offer
- A dynamic, fast thinking, and supportive environment
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the Southeastern European energy markets
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, roundtables & workshops
- The opportunity to grow into an industry expert with regular coaching and mentoring sessions
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
- A competitive salary package
- Additional company pension contribution
- Company Benefits program
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, parttime hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer, and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 350 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Athens, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.