Joining our research team, you will contribute to the firm by developing analysis and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision making. You will be responsible for a range of our market analytics products, supervising the creation of market reports, studies as well as their presentation at large workshops.
You will manage project teams, playing an active role in all aspects of client engagement: helping identify issues, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, and synthesizing conclusions into recommendations. In doing so, you will help to guide utilities, investors, and government through the fundamental transition European power markets are facing.
The successful applicant will combine strong quantitative ability with a track record of performance in team-oriented environments. You will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. You will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector.
The position suits a professional with 5 – 10 years of relevant experience at a research or consulting firm or a company in the energy sector. The exact entry position will be dependent on experience and educational level.
- Lead project teams with 2 – 6 junior colleagues in developing timely and rigorous quantitative analyses to enhance clients’ decision making
- Work closely with our modelling team, structuring economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model results
- Draw insights out of the analysis we produce and communicate findings to clients by creating compelling presentations
- Engage with clients to thoroughly understand their requirements.
- Contribute to Aurora’s product development, by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities
- Mentor and develop junior staff
- At least 5 years of experience at a leading consultancy, energy company, investment bank, or other knowledge-driven firm or institution (e.g. think tank, research or university institute)
- Demonstrated success in project and process management in team-oriented environments, having managed project teams with at least 3 junior colleagues
- A first class or high second-class university degree in either:
1. a quantitative subject, coupled with a keen interest in policy developments
2. a social science, environmental studies or a related field, coupled with an interest in quantitative analysis
- Enthusiasm for and good working knowledge of energy markets, technologies, and associated policy framework.
- A proven ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information
- An ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical parties
- Demonstrated professional exposure to power markets and the business case of renewables and/or flexible energy technologies is highly advantageous
- Substantial experience in working with energy system models
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector through exceptional analysis
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- Regular coaching and mentoring sessions
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 250 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.