We are looking for an experienced Project Coordination Manager to work within a dynamic, and fast-paced international environment.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with the ability to work proactively and independently, they must be able to communicate at all levels and across functions. Strong financial analysis and attention to detail is required. Experience of providing financial support in a consulting and advisory project type of business and experience of providing financial business partnership are desirable.
- Provide effective management support to project teams on small to medium sized projects, or assisting Project Leads/ Managers on streams of other large projects
- Completion of client invoicing at month end
- Co-ordination of project reporting requirements
- Supporting control and reporting of project profitability of actual versus forecast for the short term and full project duration
- Ensuring project documents are created and maintained to the required standards
- Working with Project Leads / Managers to create project code structures
- Supporting the on boarding of new project team members
- Manage resources and key project information whilst assisting with the scheduling and planning project activities.
- Setting-up and maintaining project governance framework including stakeholder communications
- Guiding project managers with processes, standards, controls, and best practice
- Providing advice and guidance on operating within the Group’s Control environment, employing best practices with respect to Governance, Assurance, Planning and other areas
- Monitoring and reporting project milestones, track the progress of the Project in terms of schedule, milestones, cost, WIP, cross charge rates and benefits
- Comfortable with ERP system and reports
- Exceptional analytical and strong communication skills
- Data presentation experience
- Understanding of project governance requirements
- Good working knowledge of MS Office including strong PowerPoint, Excel skills
- A highly motivated individual with the ability to work proactively and independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across functions
- You will be organised, have a flexible and creative approach to resource planning.
- confidence and comfortable engaging with internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams.
- Experience of providing financial support in a professional, fast-paced international environment going through rapid growth
- Has a can-do attitude
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops, and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee, fruit, and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of more than 300 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, Austin TX and Oakland CA, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.