Our SaaS team creates cloud-based analytics products which help our users make better strategic decisions on the road to carbon-free future. Widely adopted by leading energy companies and investors, our products change the way that energy market analytics are performed and delivered.
We are currently looking for an entrepreneurial Product Manager to lead the development and expansion of our Origin market modelling software. Origin enables funds, utilities, TSOs and policy makers to create their own market scenarios and forecasts, using our cutting edge, proprietary market model. It has a wide range of applications, including strategy formulation, risk analysis, policy assessment and investment appraisal.
As the Product Manager, you will define the product strategy and drive its execution, making critical decision on the direction of the product. You will lead the work of a cross-functional team spanning product analysts, modellers, software engineers and commercial associates. You will report directly to the Head of Digital Solutions.
The successful candidate will combine strong track record in managing complex projects and/or products, excellent stakeholder engagement skills, a passion for, and understanding of, the global energy transition, an entrepreneurial drive, and ability to switch fluently between high-level strategy and detailed product decisions. You will work in a creative, intellectually stimulating, and supportive environment. You will gain cutting edge knowledge of the energy sector, develop and hone relationships with our senior clients and vitally contribute to one of our key strategic priorities.
- Drive and define product vision and strategy
- Build and maintain product roadmap, making key decision on feature prioritisation
- Analyse data and research to inform product decisions
- Lead international expansion of the product
- Develop and manage client relationships, develop in-depth understanding of client requirements and manage user feedback
- Drive product adoption and customer success
- Lead, motivate, and mentor the product team
- Coordinate the effort of other teams working on the product, including software engineers, modellers and commercial representatives
- Min. 4 years of experience and a proven track record of successfully managing complex projects that require significant cross-functional coordination
- Min. 4 years of experience interacting with mid-level and/or senior members of external third parties, such as clients or partners
- Excellent communication and analytical skills evidenced by appropriate professional and educational track record
- Great attention to detail and ability to switch fluently between high-level strategic considerations and details of implementation
- Deep interest in energy and/or decarbonisation
- Experience in the energy sector
- Experience working on software products/features
- Experience building and leading a team
- Experience in top-tier professional services firms, e.g. management consulting or banking
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary package
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
Founded in 2013 by University of Oxford professors and economists who saw the need for a deeper focus on quality analysis, we have grown to become the largest dedicated energy analytics provider in Europe.
- Subscription analytics